As a Seven Fold Technologies Installation Technician for DIRECTV services, you will be responsible for providing the DIRECTV customers excellent service through installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and upgrading satellite TV systems and equipment.
Seven Fold Technologies is currently seeking DIRECTV Installation Technicians to join its team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Preparing for installations by reviewing installation orders, gathering equipment, supplies and tools and coordinating schedules with customers.
- Planning installations by evaluating location, locating access and laying-out equipment and wiring plan.
- Establishing satellite TV systems by installing equipment, running and pulling cable, programming and calibrating equipment while adhering to codes, regulations and standards.
- Verifying satellite TV systems for correct functionality and optimal performance by testing equipment and connections and identifying and correcting any issues.
- Maintaining accurate records through documenting installations, services and repairs.
- Maintaining and improving service and rapport with customers through listening to their descriptions of problems, answering questions and resolving issues through diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, replacing and/or upgrading components.
- Referring to schematics, manuals and manufacturer’s instructions as needed.
- Maintaining a safe work environment by following safe practices and adhering to safety policies.
- Ensuring adequate supply levels by inventorying stock, placing and verifying orders.
- Updating and improving job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Enhancing the organization’s reputation through personal accountability for accomplishing new and different requests and always striving to add value.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- 1+ year of experience in electronics, CATV, telecommunications or related field preferred but not required.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds and climb up to a 40 foot ladder.
- An essential duty of the position of Technician is to install satellite dishes with the use of a ladder on customers’ homes. The ladders used by Seven Fold Technologies have been rated by the American National Standards Institute (ASNI) to hold a maximum total weight (including tool belt and equipment) of 375 lbs. To allow for the weight of equipment an individual weight cannot exceed 325 lbs.
- Some installations may also require squatting, kneeling, & crawling in space-restricted areas including basements, attics, & crawl spaces.
- Must have excellent Communication (written and verbal) and Customer Service skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Successfully pass a drug test, background check and MVR screening.
- Be willing to work extra hours, weekends and holidays as needed.
Equipment and Tool Requirements
- Must have a work vehicle (van or pickup truck preferred) in good working condition & well maintained.
- Must have own hand tools including:
- Wrenches/Socket set
- Shovel/Post hole digger
- Other small hand tools that are required to perform low voltage wiring, etc.
- Work boots
- Other specialty equipment including 28’ fiberglass extension ladder, Birdog signal meter, & inclinometer, are also required but are supplied through a lease-to-own program.
Surrounding locations for this area include:
- Russellville, KY